I will list some things here that you should do in order to stay safe. You can also find some answers on staying safe in my "Hints and Tips" page as well. There you will find more in depth look and explanation on some safety issues when dealing with some PTC sites. On this page you will find a summary of those steps you should take.
1. Research - Either through Google Search or go to our "Ways to research a site" page for more info.
2. Test a the site's links make sure they are operational. Go here for more info
3. Read and understand the Terms Of Service. Know what you are getting into.
4. Make sure a site has a forum. All legit PTC sites should have a forum.
5. If it does, when posting, do not post personal info on these forums. Email addresses or another sensitive info. If you post screen shots be sure to blot out your personal info.
6 . Make sure the site has a way for you to contact them
7. Protect personal info - give out fake info until time to cash out.
8. Create strong passwords and never use the same password twice on any other PTC site.
9. Be careful of phishing emails. Some hackers will send you a email stating they are the owner of a particular site that you joined and tell you that they need some info in order to pay you. Check back with the site first, before you reply to the email. Most likely you received a phishing email, and someone is trying to gather info to log int to your account.
10. Pay attention to the ads being shown. Are they real or are they fake?
11. Protect your money, don't invest more than what you can afford. Avoid get rich quick schemes.
12. Report suspected sites to the authorities or law agencies within your own country. Here are some places to report a site. Either through law agencies or other sites: